Skip to main content

Spring Pad -- Digital Diary to the Cloud

Springpad -- is the one note taking app that I simply love and use on a daily basis. So what is Springpad and Why do I use it over Evernote?
Springpad in simple terms, is a note taking app to organize your daily activities or life. I call it as an Organizer for your activities or "Things to Do".
The app has a smooth UI experience and the flow is consistent across the app. The basic app gives you the ability to note down any activity and organize in pre-defined or customizable compartments called "Notebook". So one can create a new notebook to organize things like Work, To read later and so on. 
With an enhanced task manager, you can also set a completion date along with a notification feature to track the task.
With Springpad extension for Chrome, you can simply click on the address bar to add a new item -- a note, task, Clip this page or do a search. Search is an interesting feature as, it is nicely segregates the results in different categories like Products, Place, Movie, Recipe, Book, Album, Wine & Person. 








From your Mobile phone, you can scan bar codes, search nearby addresses, save a photo on Springpad. One can also tag items to search efficiently. Springpad has social elements build in within the app. The content can be shared on Facebook, Twitter or email. 


Since Springpad resides in cloud, you can connect with your phone or computer to get everything or edit and mark task completion from either places.


The best part of Springpad is how easy it to use and maintain. I extensively used Evernote before, but there was a phase where it was loaded with features and lost it luster for a user like me. Springpad is a perfect simple, light app that can be tailored to meet your needs.


Springpad also does a great job in adding functionality to the app on a regular basis. There are tutorials that guides new user on how to use the app and also blogs by the users/company employees on providing some useful tips and hints in using it more efficiently.


Bottom Line - 
Spring pad is not loaded with features like Evernote, but as a simple note and task organizer, there is no better app and simpler app that Springpad.


Springpad is an app that is available on iOS devices, Android and Web app. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walmart retail in India -- A tough choice to pick

Walmart name and it's existence in my life took shape in 1996-1997 when my brother in law landed in United States. I still remember when my Brother-In-Law gifted us a book of America and it's beautiful images, which was bought from Walmart. Till then, I had no idea what Walmart was and what Sam Walton did to revolutionize the retail experience in United States. The real grasp of what Walmart does on a day to day basis to an average american and in general the United States economy, did not impact me till I landed in this country almost a decade back.  Almost a decade later, we have Walmart knocking doors at India's footstep. India too is looking to revamp and open up it's entire retail model at the same time. The decision of Indian government to allow foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail is the most radical reform it has undertaken since 1992. What is so different about the proposed revamping of the retail space is how a FDI can directly buy from the local fa...

Microsoft Windows 8 consumer preview and its dilemma

Today was a day I was so looking forward too! I wanted to see what Microsoft had up it's sleeve and I was quite amazed to see what Microsoft has done with it's consumer preview version. According to Microsoft they have more than 100,000 changes from Window7 and I am sure they are right. It looks and feels a lot polished since the last time I played with it. When I installed my Windows 8 developer edition version last September on my main laptop, to say that I was upset was an understatement. I did get the point that it was a buggy product and they wanted to get it out for developers to start building apps on but it was really confusing. After today's consumer preview release I do see a huge improvement over the developer release. Everything is Metro UI. Everything! I am not looking at this release or this product from a tablet perspective. Microsoft has a 0% market share in tablet segment. I am still looking at this product from a Truck perspective. i.e. look...

Apple and Google - Tale of 2 photos from Tim Cook

I was watching the Apple event from this morning. It was nicely done by Tim Cook. He definitely has it's own personality for sure. There is a section in the video when Tim starts talking about iPad. There were two striking pictures that he presented to the whole world. I won't consider it a low blow, but it definitely showcased the real problem with Android tablets.  1. Twitter app on Samsung  + Android  tablet and how the Twitter app looks on iPad  2. Yelp app - Compared on how they looked on Samsung tablet and on iPad   There was also another reason of selecting Samsung tablet -- just to tell the world how they two look alike! But besides the point - Tim laid out the biggest problem for Android and why +Google is loosing on Tablets. It's the Apps  + Google   + Android   + Andy Rubin  !!!!! Just look at the apps, compare them and see why Android tablets are not selling like hot cakes even when they are cheap and t...