Skip to main content

My Nexus S

As my family and friend says that I was living my life in Stone age with no access to a dataplan for a good 8 months. They say the same for me not being on facebook. If that was stone age I was OK with it. I think my wife will argue that I compensated by being on my laptop. I do agree with her to some extent. In those 8 months I did miss not having a smartphone with a data plan.  I do travel and I did miss the flexibility of carrying a smartphone.
I reiterate that I missed not having. Smartphone at occassions not repented it. The phone was meant for calling. I do remember that i had my so called first blackberry smart phone in 2005. A quick search on IDC reveals that there were 890 million phones sold out if which 45 million were smart phone. Last year that number was 350 million smart phones. That's a huge increase and I could see everyone carrying a smartphone.
I had nothing to prove to anyone. Just save some money;-)
I was waiting for my wife's contract to get done from AT & T. I decided to go with T-Mobile wanting to stay with GSM network. The obvious choice for me was Nexus S to get the pure android experience. Also the rewardzone deal along with bestbuy gift card made the phone free. Also having cheap plans helped.

Nexus S

There is something about the phone that makes the phone look sexy. It might be the curve glass or pure black phone. Its a beautiful device.
I would post my review in a weeks time.
So far the only gripe is that it's not a hspa+ phone. West Chester area is also not completely blanketed with 3G yet. So get the edge networks at times.
The good news is that T-Mobile us going to have a tower with 41 mbps hspa+ network next month right at the exton mall!
The speed test reveals around 1.1 mbps down with 1.4 mbps up speed. At Baltimore the speed test revealed 4.2 mbps down speed with 2.3 mbps up speed which is nice...
Wait for my review on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walmart retail in India -- A tough choice to pick

Walmart name and it's existence in my life took shape in 1996-1997 when my brother in law landed in United States. I still remember when my Brother-In-Law gifted us a book of America and it's beautiful images, which was bought from Walmart. Till then, I had no idea what Walmart was and what Sam Walton did to revolutionize the retail experience in United States. The real grasp of what Walmart does on a day to day basis to an average american and in general the United States economy, did not impact me till I landed in this country almost a decade back.  Almost a decade later, we have Walmart knocking doors at India's footstep. India too is looking to revamp and open up it's entire retail model at the same time. The decision of Indian government to allow foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail is the most radical reform it has undertaken since 1992. What is so different about the proposed revamping of the retail space is how a FDI can directly buy from the local fa...

Microsoft Windows 8 consumer preview and its dilemma

Today was a day I was so looking forward too! I wanted to see what Microsoft had up it's sleeve and I was quite amazed to see what Microsoft has done with it's consumer preview version. According to Microsoft they have more than 100,000 changes from Window7 and I am sure they are right. It looks and feels a lot polished since the last time I played with it. When I installed my Windows 8 developer edition version last September on my main laptop, to say that I was upset was an understatement. I did get the point that it was a buggy product and they wanted to get it out for developers to start building apps on but it was really confusing. After today's consumer preview release I do see a huge improvement over the developer release. Everything is Metro UI. Everything! I am not looking at this release or this product from a tablet perspective. Microsoft has a 0% market share in tablet segment. I am still looking at this product from a Truck perspective. i.e. look...

To Clean Energy or not?

India is a nation of almost 1.2 billion people. There is an immense need for resources and infrastructure to sustain the growing population and the booming Indian economy to keep the nation moving forward. India also lacks the basic infrastructure at rural areas to provide the basic necessity like power, roads and water supply. It's common in B-town city to have a structured way of "power-cuts" ranging anywhere from 2 hrs. - 8 hrs. a day in summer! For the longest period of time, India has been dependent on Coal, and its power is more or less generated by Coal energy or fossil fuels. Coal as everyone knows is one of the "old" energy technology responsible for carbon emission and India has always walked a tight line, when it comes to Kyoto Protocol aimed at fighting global warming. India is at a threshold to usher in Nuclear energy with a new proposed nuclear power plant in Jaitapur, Maharashtra. The proposed nuclear power plant is no ordinary plant -- The 5 b...