Skip to main content

To Tumblr or not to tumblr?

I have used blogger for quite some time and I like it. From the past few days, I have noticed some nice features on tumblr service. I really liked the simple UI and the ability to post/blog on the fly. I also liked the fact that you can now add picture,  audio and video on it and post it. It was so easy to do.


Google bought blogger which was a nice product and did not do anything for a year or so. I do see the newer UI for Blogger and it is better, but still not there in terms of simplicity.

I had read that Google only hire engineering graduates -- which is sad.
Last week we had some different ideas from two of the brightest mind in business. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.
Bill Gates wants to cut the funding and scholarships for arts and liberal arts students and create more engineers. Steve jobs had a complete opposite view on this view. At the iPad 2 event, Jobs said -- that to create this beautiful event, we not only need engineers but liberal arts and arts and so on and we should continue to provide funding and scholarship. I for once agree to Steve Jobs -- Google still doesn't get Social as its not in their DNA.

Coming back to Tumblr -- I can really see the benefits of it if I am living on mobile all the time and want to share small tidbits that can be stored for memories. 


The question now as I am typing this post is 2 tumblr or not?

I am leaning more towards tumblr.

Update -- After todays incident with Tumblr, I saw it tumbling. I am sure it's not prime time ready for mass market. For now, Blogger works for me!

Update 2 -- Tumblr is good for posting pictures from cell phone. I am sure it would rock in few months once the service is stable to support millions of bloggers



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Articles - April 20th 2017

1. Codeine and Kids - What can go wrong?

Deep down we all knew the side effects of the painkillers and cough syrup, now the FDA has come out slinging against Codeine and Tramadol. On one hand FDA has decided to come against the painkillers, but on the other hand, it did nothing to stop pharmaceuticals to sell OTC cough syrups and drugs that do contain those chemical elements.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/04/20/524376484/dont-give-kids-cough-syrup-or-pain-meds-that-contain-codeine-fda-says

2. Emirates - The problem begins

This was my fear when the current administration signed the executive order to ban tablets and laptops for three middle eastern airlines. How long before the other two airlines cut down the stops in US and concentrate more in Europe and the rest of the world? What it means for passengers? More expensive flights for world travelers. The tourism industry is already hit with anxiety and a lot of travelers are definitely avoiding the hassle to come to thi…

Email is the new Fax

Do you see this picture when you sign-in to your Gmail account? 



I see it every single time I sign-in to Gmail, no matter the speed of connection. At some point this started happening to my Gmail account a year or so back and every time I log-in, it gets bad. Gmail is my preferred account and I have around 10000 emails in my inbox, which is not a whole lot. I love to clean my inbox and organize it as much as possible. All the marketing, forums, registered mails are deleted rather than just sitting there. I had plenty of filters before, but when google introduced 6 tabs, I decided to go simpler and just use the default tabs. It is working well so far, but the lag and that picture still appears every single time.
But this post if not about Gmail or how slow it has become. It's about email and I can positively say that Gmail/email has become less important in my personal life. Last year Google introduced a nice little dashboard service to let you know your email activity for the week/m…

Interesting Articles - April 22nd 2017

People have a thing for "Bucket List", and that is needed to keep goals in perspective or the things that one wants to achieve in life - but there are times when you want to do nothing. Sometimes being still or to be doing nothing is more fulfilling than ticking a bucket list.

Success isn't always a forward motion.

1. Indian Engineers Unwanted Everywhere - Saucy headline with some truth to it (4 minutes)

This headline caught my attention more than the substance of the article. It is easier to point fingers at others rather than acknowledge the shortcomings of oneselves. Having said that, there is some element of truth to the discrimination that is been witnessed across the globe in the past 3 years with the whole "Nationalism" movement or as liberals call it, towards the "Right Wing" party.

https://qz.com/963530/h-1b-its-not-just-trumps-america-indian-techies-are-unwanted-from-east-to-west/


2. Robots - Sorting 200000 packages a day! (2 minutes)

This v…