Skip to main content

My Nexus S

As my family and friend says that I was living my life in Stone age with no access to a dataplan for a good 8 months. They say the same for me not being on facebook. If that was stone age I was OK with it. I think my wife will argue that I compensated by being on my laptop. I do agree with her to some extent. In those 8 months I did miss not having a smartphone with a data plan.  I do travel and I did miss the flexibility of carrying a smartphone.
I reiterate that I missed not having. Smartphone at occassions not repented it. The phone was meant for calling. I do remember that i had my so called first blackberry smart phone in 2005. A quick search on IDC reveals that there were 890 million phones sold out if which 45 million were smart phone. Last year that number was 350 million smart phones. That's a huge increase and I could see everyone carrying a smartphone.
I had nothing to prove to anyone. Just save some money;-)
I was waiting for my wife's contract to get done from AT & T. I decided to go with T-Mobile wanting to stay with GSM network. The obvious choice for me was Nexus S to get the pure android experience. Also the rewardzone deal along with bestbuy gift card made the phone free. Also having cheap plans helped.

Nexus S

There is something about the phone that makes the phone look sexy. It might be the curve glass or pure black phone. Its a beautiful device.
I would post my review in a weeks time.
So far the only gripe is that it's not a hspa+ phone. West Chester area is also not completely blanketed with 3G yet. So get the edge networks at times.
The good news is that T-Mobile us going to have a tower with 41 mbps hspa+ network next month right at the exton mall!
The speed test reveals around 1.1 mbps down with 1.4 mbps up speed. At Baltimore the speed test revealed 4.2 mbps down speed with 2.3 mbps up speed which is nice...
Wait for my review on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Articles - April 20th 2017

1. Codeine and Kids - What can go wrong?

Deep down we all knew the side effects of the painkillers and cough syrup, now the FDA has come out slinging against Codeine and Tramadol. On one hand FDA has decided to come against the painkillers, but on the other hand, it did nothing to stop pharmaceuticals to sell OTC cough syrups and drugs that do contain those chemical elements.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/04/20/524376484/dont-give-kids-cough-syrup-or-pain-meds-that-contain-codeine-fda-says

2. Emirates - The problem begins

This was my fear when the current administration signed the executive order to ban tablets and laptops for three middle eastern airlines. How long before the other two airlines cut down the stops in US and concentrate more in Europe and the rest of the world? What it means for passengers? More expensive flights for world travelers. The tourism industry is already hit with anxiety and a lot of travelers are definitely avoiding the hassle to come to thi…

Email is the new Fax

Do you see this picture when you sign-in to your Gmail account? 



I see it every single time I sign-in to Gmail, no matter the speed of connection. At some point this started happening to my Gmail account a year or so back and every time I log-in, it gets bad. Gmail is my preferred account and I have around 10000 emails in my inbox, which is not a whole lot. I love to clean my inbox and organize it as much as possible. All the marketing, forums, registered mails are deleted rather than just sitting there. I had plenty of filters before, but when google introduced 6 tabs, I decided to go simpler and just use the default tabs. It is working well so far, but the lag and that picture still appears every single time.
But this post if not about Gmail or how slow it has become. It's about email and I can positively say that Gmail/email has become less important in my personal life. Last year Google introduced a nice little dashboard service to let you know your email activity for the week/m…

Books read in 2014

Understanding Michael Porter - Joan MagrettaAge of Spiritual Machines - Ray KurzweilConfessions of a Public Speaker - Scott BerkunQueit: The Power of Introvert in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan Cain